Industrial Filtration Products
Our industrial grade products are used in various applications, including hospital and bio-medical ventilation systems, photo product processes, food handling or processing operations, toxic or carcinogenic containment, and as high-efficiency pre-filters for the terminal filter units.
- HEPA Filters: A HEPA (High Efficiency Particle Arresting) filter can remove the majority of harmful particles, including mold spores, dust, dust mites, pet dander and other irritating allergens from the air. Along with other methods to reduce allergens, such as frequent dusting, the use of a HEPA filtration system can be a helpful aid in controlling the amount of allergens circulating in the air. HEPA filters can be found in most air purifiers, which are usually small and portable. HEPA filters and products containing them, such as home air purifiers and upright vacuum cleaners, have only been available to the public for the last decade or so. HEPA or “High Efficiency Particle Arrestor”, as the letters stand for, is known for its outstanding performance in removing harmful micro-organisms from the air that we breathe. When this type of filter is used on an air purifying system, it can successfully trap up to 99.99% of every ten thousand particles that are floating around in the air. These particles can be about anything from bacteria, germs, viruses, dust, pet dander, pollen, mold, smoke, dust mites, et cetera.The difference between a HEPA filter and any other filter is that it is made of thin fibers of glass. The fibers are formed into a thick paper – like material that is pleated. This means that a HEPA filter has a great amount of glass – paper in it. As the particles in the untreated air try to pass through the thick surface, they cannot, and they instead tend to adhere to it. Thus, the air that leaves this type of air purifying system is cleansed and almost totally free from contaminants.
A HEPA filter must have a minimum efficiency of 99.97% in capturing particles as small as 0.1 microns (a micron is one-millionth of a meter).
- HEPA Filters and Equipment for Clean Room Applications. Superior sells laminar flow grade filters and equipment to clean room contractors, as well as directly to end users, through its network of distributors. Air Filtration is a significant component of clean room technology. Clean Room cleanliness is measured by determining the number of particles of a given size per cubic foot of air, called the “Class” of the room; e.g. a typical office environment might be rated Class 500,000, if the air contains 500,000 or fewer microscopic particulates per cubic foot; a modern semiconductor manufacturing facility will be rated Class 1, having at most one particle in any cubic foot of air. Clean room performance is, in part, determined by the number of filters in the room, and the grade of filter.
We manufacturer laminar flow grade filters using state-of-the-art technological designs, with highest quality media available. These filters are used in clean rooms for semiconductor manufacturing, biotechnology facilities, pharmaceutical manufacturing, research and development facilities, and other specialty areas where an ultra-clean environment is necessary to maintain profitable yields.
- Carbon Filters: Carbon media filters captures and absorbs both odors and chemicals.
- Pleated Air Filters: One of the most popular types of filters available in the heating, ventilation and air condition industry. These filters offer a very wide variety of characteristics and are available over a wide range of efficiencies. Pleated air filters are one of the most popular types of filter available in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. These filters offer a very wide variety of characteristics and are available over a wide range of efficiencies, media types and frame types. Some have electrostatic characteristics and others have tribo electrostatic that help with odor control. They are the industry standard for contractors because of their durability, availability, cost and effectiveness. The pleated design:
-Reduces Face Loading (dust is trapped on the surface of the filter material instead of throughout the depth of the material as in media type air filters).
-Increases efficiency and therefore allows for better air flow and less restriction.
-Folding the filter material into pleats increases the surface area of the filter and extends its useful life.
-Pleated air filter efficiencies vary greatly. Some have electrostatic characteristics. Ours have a tribo electrostatic charge which is inherent in the media, and therefore do not fade over time.
-Some pleated filters are made with carbon or charcoal fiber impingement – These carbon impinged materials have the ability to absorb odor causing contaminants. Our carbon filter uses MERV 12 filtration media.
- Commercial HVAC Filters:
- The ULTIMATE Carbon Filter
- The ULTIMATE in Odor Control
- The ULTIMATE in Allergen Protection
- The ULTIMATE in Household Filtration
- The ULTIMATE in Flat Panel Air Filter
- MERV 4 Long Life Air Filter (Green Product): We offer a green product line, which serves the Go Green Initiative, and demonstrates our commitment to environmental responsibility. The MERV 4 product is a durable, long-life air filter is made with 100% recycled plastic bottles, cleanable media that does not support microbial growth. Designed to be cleaned with a vacuum and soft brush attachment, providing optimum air flow as well as maximizing energy efficiency and savings.
- ASHRAE: We manufacture ASHRAE Rated filters for commercial HVAC systems. These filters are primarily sold as replacement and commodity filters. Our ASHRAE products include; Super cell, supercell2, Rigid, Dynaflo V8, Super-G, Super-G Extreme, Super-G
- Chemical Grade Products: We offer a broad line of products and services to control odors, corrosive gases and airborne hazardous chemicals. A wide variety of industrial and commercial applications use this technology, ranging from the semiconductor industry to removing industry volatile organic compounds.